Sunday, February 24, 2008

Rebirth (not exactly a poem)

Have you ever wondered what would happen
if Christians really were reborn?

Would they come forth in a spiritual plasma,
followed by a glowing afterbirth?

Would they cry and turn red, or bring
a deathly silence until spanked by the hand of God?

Who would cut the ambilical cord?
Should it be cut?

Would they be ready to suckle right away,
or wait a few hours, not knowing what they're missing?

Would the labor be painful and long?
Would she heave and cramp?
Would she doubt the joy to come?
Who said birth was beautiful?

Would she scream and wish it away?

I think
yes.

4 comments:

AmelMag said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AmelMag said...

I like this. I'm not sure I exactly understand it, but I like it.

AmelMag said...

Come on Koh. More. I know you have more, give us more. =)

Kohleun Seo said...

Fine.